Evalie Says...
Today began with Kate taking a trip to see Linda, our daycare lady. I knew I should get some grad work done. I don't have to take comps, but I have to go back and create a portfolio reflecting upon all the classes/assignments/papers that I took and created in the past two years. I'm glad I don't have to take comps, but the work amount makes me want to curl up and hide. I must remember that I only have one more month left.
After the day of work, we needed to complete a family Target trip for a few items. I decided on the way home that I was not in the mood to cook, so I treated my family to a Milio's dinner. While we were there, Kate and I hit the bathroom. Kate ran in and began getting herself ready to hop up on the toilet. I noticed right away that the toilet was a little tall and that help was needed.
"Kate do you want me to help you hop up?"
"No, I can do it."
After struggling for a few minutes, I ask again, "Kate, do you need help from mommy?"
"Yeah"
After she hops on she sits there for a few minutes and says, "Mommy, sometimes super heroes need help."
You see, Kate still believes she is Super Hero Kate. It is not uncommon when I ask for help that she announces that 'Super Hero Kate is on the way!' or that 'Super Hero Kate to save the day!' She even has an imaginary belt that she snaps on (she gets this from WorldWord on PBS with Super Hero Sheep).
I knew that she was a little defeated that her super hero powers wouldn't let her climb up on that big toilet. Perhaps next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment