Evalie Says...
If you know me, you know I am not a morning person. I used to love wasting the day away in bed until I crawl out mid-morning / early afternoon. I always found it interesting that I went and married a man that is a morning person. Well, actually we both fit perfectly into our birth order rules. With Josh fitting the role of the oldest perfectly and myself the youngest, we collide in many aspects of our lives. With my luck, Kate has followed in her father's footsteps. I'm hoping to change this one summer at a time.
You see....
I am a little sneaky and keep Kate up a little later than she does in the school year just for a few extra hours in the morning. I know that it must drive my daycare lady because I'm sure she is a bear when she returns in the fall, but I can't help it. I love sleeping in! I so desperately miss it.
So you must be wondering when I will get to the point of this story and how does it tie in with the picture of the day? Well it is a bit ironic. You see, I have come to realize that my favorite part of my summer vacation is my mornings with my daughter. Are you confused yet? You see, she sleeps in about two hours later than I would have to get up if I was going to work, which is nice. But the following events are my favorite. I wouldn't trade them for anything. Here is how it goes...
I awake in my bed while I hear Kate over the baby monitor say, (Yes, we still us it and probably will until she is 16. There is nothing wrong with being able to hear her breath!) "Mommy, I awake!"
I crawl out of bed (no matter what time of day, it takes me a few minutes) and head down the stairs to her room. I open the door to find a smile on her face.
She immediately asks, "Where is daddy?"
I reply with, "He's at work."
Kate, "Oh, he is at work! Okay."
She jumps out of bed and walks out the door with me as we hit the bathroom to do our morning business. Then we head to the kitchen to get our morning beverages, a Dr. Pepper for myself and chocolate milk for Kate. Next we head to the couch where we spend sometimes the next hour cuddling on the couch watching some cartoons. I will admit that sometimes it is longer than an hour.
It is my favorite time of the day because she
cuddles,
whispers I love yous,
showers me with kisses,
and makes me feel like the most important person in the whole world.
My heart is so full!
It is hard to believe that I would get this much joy so early in the morning.
Perhaps I am developing into a morning person.
No comments:
Post a Comment