Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21, 2010

We had this great picture of the day for today, but it didn't want to cooperate.

Kate and I got up semi-early and tried to hit the walk-in clinic right when they opened. I had taken a few licks of Kate's sucker prior in the week and she gave me the cold of the century. Her cold was pretty much gone but a cough, and my cold was getting worse every minute. I figured if I was going in, I would have them double check her over. It turns out that my cold is viral, and well Kate has a minor ear infection. They put her first ever antibiotic. I'm pretty proud that this is her first time with medicine. Either we are sheltering her too much, or she is one tough cookie.

Since Kate was not contagious, Josh took her to church while I stayed home to nurse my cold. On their way home, they took a pit stop at Dick's Sporting Good for some shopping. Josh informs me that she was standing next to him one minute, and then the next minute she was gone. She had not gone far as he was in the bike section. She had attached a helmet to her head and was mounting the bike. Josh quickly took her picture with his phone, but the picture seems to not want to send by facebook or email from his phone. I hope you can imagine what she looked like with her pink winter coat, pink helmet and pink bike. I think she is ready for triathlon season. What do you think?

You will have to settle with this picture that I happened to take later in the day before I knew about the bike story....

No comments: