Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12, 2010

Kate woke up in the middle of the night around 4:00. Josh went down to check on her, and he ended up laying in bed with her to have her fall back asleep. He must have fallen asleep with her. When the two of them woke up at 6:30, he noticed right away that her cheeks were on the rosy side and felt warm. We took her temperature and it was a little over 100 degrees. I quickly jumped on my computer and created some sub plans and called in a substitute teacher.

I was a bit nervous since we haven't really experienced flu like behavior from Kate before. But at about 9 o'clock in the morning I noticed that Kate was feeling more like herself. The Tylenol must had kicked in, and I began to investigate her mouth since we didn't have any other flu like symptoms. My gut feeling was right and felt a few little 2-year molars entering into this world. Our day home has been an interesting one. Her moods have been hit and miss, but she has been a teeth trooper again. We are still waiting for the top left to poke through, but the other three have arrived.

Kate spent her day in her pj's and well so did I (after I changed from what I put on to go to school before I knew she was not feeling well). The high excitement of the day for me was that Kate was a little cuddle bug. We spent time watching a movie on the couch together. We also enjoyed the arrival of Grandma Sue's Valentine's day gift. The bubbles didn't last longer than ten minutes. We also had quite a bit of time painting and coloring. All in all, a great sick day. I mean no puke equals one happy mother : )


She doesn't look like she is ill.

Look, I can blow bubbles!!!
Notice her left hand spilling all the bubbles on the floor.
This is why the bubbles lasted about ten minutes.

No comments: