Evalie Says...
Everyone knows that my heart bleeds red (which is convenient for me teaching at LinnMar), and that Josh's heart bleeds purple (convenient for being Dutch alum). So, we decided that this year we would go to the K-State vs Nebraska game in Lincoln. Early in the season, especially after Nebraska's lost to Iowa State (seriously what happened here?) I was afraid that the Wildcats might take my Huskers. I know I just put that in writing, but as our season continued and well as K-States season continued, I knew we had it in the bag. I mean come on, we have that Henery kid : )
Josh, Dad and I headed to Lincoln in the afternoon to meet up with my cousin, Andrea, for a little tailgate. We also were going without tickets in hopes to scalp. We grabbed the first tickets we could find, and met up with Andrea. We soon found out that my Aunt Delpha and Uncle Nick were also in town. We met up with everyone for about an hour before the game. It was nice to see them since we barely see each other anymore. After the game, we were able to see my Aunt Mary and Uncle Guy along with my cousin, Eric. We all waited around to talk a bit with Alex, who had an amazing game!
Josh and I had nose-bleed seats, but it was still nice to enjoy the game together just the two of us. We decided that we should try to catch the game next year in Manhattan, but we will just have to wait to see. I don't know if I could sit in that much purple :)
Here are some shots of our night out : )
Everyone knows that my heart bleeds red (which is convenient for me teaching at LinnMar), and that Josh's heart bleeds purple (convenient for being Dutch alum). So, we decided that this year we would go to the K-State vs Nebraska game in Lincoln. Early in the season, especially after Nebraska's lost to Iowa State (seriously what happened here?) I was afraid that the Wildcats might take my Huskers. I know I just put that in writing, but as our season continued and well as K-States season continued, I knew we had it in the bag. I mean come on, we have that Henery kid : )
Josh, Dad and I headed to Lincoln in the afternoon to meet up with my cousin, Andrea, for a little tailgate. We also were going without tickets in hopes to scalp. We grabbed the first tickets we could find, and met up with Andrea. We soon found out that my Aunt Delpha and Uncle Nick were also in town. We met up with everyone for about an hour before the game. It was nice to see them since we barely see each other anymore. After the game, we were able to see my Aunt Mary and Uncle Guy along with my cousin, Eric. We all waited around to talk a bit with Alex, who had an amazing game!
Josh and I had nose-bleed seats, but it was still nice to enjoy the game together just the two of us. We decided that we should try to catch the game next year in Manhattan, but we will just have to wait to see. I don't know if I could sit in that much purple :)
Here are some shots of our night out : )
1 comment:
Man I miss that stadium. The atomsphere there is so much higher then at the Vikes. I am glad you guys had such a great time.
DAD Rapp
Post a Comment