Friday, October 1, 2010

October 1, 2010

Evalie Says...

So this year our assistant principal tried to get my team to do something to assist in making the kids do well on magazine sales. I joked about shaving my head, but I knew seriously that I would have to make a decision on something that I WOULD do. So, I convinced my teammates that we could dye our hair pink for a day. I knew that our kids haven't been great at magazine sales, so I didn't think they would make their goal. I even got a few other 6th grade teachers to jump on board.

Last year's sixth graders sold a little over 6,000 dollars in magazines, so we said that we would dye our hair if they sold 7, 000 dollars. This was dumb but brilliant all at once.

We have two turn in dates for magazine sales. This year's sixth graders turned in 7,135 dollars in the first turn in day and a total over 20,000!!

Needless to say, I had some hair dye to buy!

So, today was the official PINK DAY at school.

The kids loved it!!



On my way to work....


Right before I washed it out!

No comments: