Monday, September 8, 2008

A Week with Daddy!!

Joshua Says.....

September 5th was the day that my friends from back home decided to go on our annual golf trip. Since babies are slightly more expensive to care for than dogs, I decided not to go this year and save the money I was going to use for the golf trip. In my great scheme to get a week of golf in, I took Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off of work, which meant I only worked on Tuesday this week. Since I decided not to go on my golf trip, I was looking forward to a peaceful week at home with my dog, but my wife decided it was a good idea to save some money on daycare and I would take Kate for those days. I was able to talk my way into getting Wednesday off all alone and it was everything I remember it to be. But I had the most fun playing with Kate the other 2 days of the week, and with Ev's class this weekend, it turned into 4 very action packed days with my daughter.

On Thursday, I was getting excited for football since it was the first NFL game and we were 1 week into college football. I decided to see how much influence I had on my daughter and asked if her favorite team was Nebraska. She answered with the best face I have ever seen. I guess she'll be a KState fan after all.


Then, after 2 days of being locked up in the house watching football, Kate and I decided to go for a walk and let Shiner run at the park. I loaded up the child in her stroller and decided she needed some shades, since it was a sunny Saturday. I think she is going to bring this look back!


Then, with the week of fun almost over, we decided to watch the MTV Video Music Awards show and realized that my daughter, just like all other girls in the USA, is in love with the Jonas Brothers. With this realization, I decided to ground her for a week and put her in bed, she gave me the same look as when I asked if she was a Huskers fan!


Needless to say, this week was a great week and I am now the favorite parent, which will last about 10 minutes after mommy gets home. Some people thought that a week at home with your 10 month old daughter was a lot of work and not as much fun as planned, but I wouldn't have traded it for the world, even if I really did want to go golfing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog Josh! I love hearing your stories and all the fun you are having with Kate.

Kristin

Susan said...

I would say she is a Hawkeye Fan her Aunt Shelby and Grandpa Dave.

Way to go Katie on liking the Jonas Bros. I like them also.
Aunt Shelby

Susan said...

I bet she pooped her pants too when you said nebraska GO HAWKS you will be a great hawkeye cheerleader kate and josh there will be many more golfbuddy trips i hope love grandpa dave

Anonymous said...

I love the stories and the pictures! Those wouldn't happen to be the cool sunglasses from Justina & Josh's bonfire party/shower are they?!?!

Anonymous said...

I am sure she is a big 12 fan and not a big 10 fan. Atleast one conference knows hom to count.

Go Huskers. And ISU this weekend.

Grandpa Loren